Rev James & Angela Sharp - Uruguay
Pastor James and Angela Sharp are LCMS missionaries in Uruguay. James establishes and supports new churches and works to enable mercy outreach projects around the country.
The pandemic is still providing challenges for this mission; however, Angela and James are still working—thankful for the LCMS and all the supporters who keep their work a blessing to the people of Uruguay. They are providing needed food to those affected by hunger.
It is summer in Uruguay and the kids are not in school, but they continue to study. Elias finished his semester at St. Paul Lutheran High School in Concordia, Missouri and he really likes the mix of students from the area and all over the world, including his missionary kid friend, Max Fritsche. It’s been a weird school year for everybody and it’s no exception for Elias. He unfortunately contracted Covid, but the school handled it very well and after a couple of days of fever he was able to serve out his quarantine and return to class.
The Sharp’s ask us to pray:
- Prayer of thanks for a safe end to the school year for Ambrose, Callie and Maggie a great first semester for Elias.
- Prayer of thanks for 13 new adults and 8 youth confirmed in 2020 despite COVID.
- Pray for Paulo, who is a young man who has recently relapsed and is in the street again.
- They continue to look for a new location downtown for the City Center mission. Pray for the Lord to give them the space they need.
- Pray that the Lord would provide the resources to realize their strategic plan to put a new church planting pastor in the Northern (Chapicuy/Salto) mission.
- And please pray for Roberto, who is fighting terminal cancer and is not a believer. They have been able to provide him with some help and he has watched worship services.
To read about more about what the Sharp’s have been up to, get an update on the family, and catch up with all that's going on in God's mission in Uruguay, click on the link to download their newsletter.
For more information on all of our missionaries, please visit our Monthly Missionary Newsletter Page.