Doug & Tricia Stoner | Pioneers, Austria
Doug and Tricia Stoner are in Vienna serving as Area Leaders with Pioneers for Central Europe. They are serving families in Italy, Slovenia, Portugal and Spain. Together with area teams they recruit and explore ways to better facilitate the planting of many churches in the region.
With the COVID 19 lockdown still in effect, many of the activities, seminars and planning are happening via the internet and Zoom. It is exciting to see how the Lord is working. One couple is considering coming to Spain from Australia and Doug will talk with them on the 22nd. Another family from Africa wants to stay in Spain to reach their people group during their hot summer and we talk soon. Our Basque team coordinators will chat with our Pioneers mobilization bases and Doug will help moderate the discussions. Additionally, he has regular meetings with the Spain team and Italy Team coordinators.
Doug has specific prayer requests:
- Please continue to pray for his many conversations as mentioned above and ask for the Lord’s Kingdom to grow through them.
- Pray for his coordinator, Ron, as he works more to support raising and talks with leadership about his role.
- Pray for Tricia’s efforts in teaching the church’s teens and for wisdom as she plans her lessons. She teaches them twice a month and wants them to know the Lord and to place their trust in Him.
- Pray for the right workers for Iberia an Italy and Slovenia. May the Lord send his laborers and also that the Doug can assist them in the best way.
- Pray for Doug’ s preaching as they start a new series on Proverbs. Ask for God’s help in leading their small group.
- Pray for their church as they have a number of important meetings on finances and their new constitution.
To learn more about his ministry, click HERE.
Missionaries across the globe need our fervent prayers more than ever. Many of them are quarantined and not able to provide fully to the people most in need. Some are providing online support to their students, their congregations and their staff, while others cannot provide online support due to the poverty in their region. Many of the missionaries highlight how the COVID pandemic has affected them.
To learn more about all our missions and missionaries, please click HERE.