Director of Parish Music/Assistant to Senior Pastor
Phone: 303-798-0711 ext. 364
Bachelor of Arts in Education, with a second major in Parish Music, Concordia University, Mequon, WI, 1988; Director of Parish Music certificate of recognition, CUW, 2007.
I was born in Milwaukee WI, baptized 10 days later in Wauwatosa WI, and have lived in Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Nebraska, Indiana, and Colorado. I am the daughter, niece, granddaughter, grandniece, and great-granddaughter of a bunch of pastors and teachers. I am married to Dave and am mama to Stephanie (1993), Susannah (1996), and Carrie (1998). After graduating Summa Cum Laude from CUW, I was Called to Calvary Lutheran Church and School, Indianapolis IN, as the 3rd grade teacher and school music department coordinator. In 2000, our family moved to the Denver area to partner with Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church and School. In serving the Master Musician and growing in knowledge of and excitement for His Divine Service, I have been the Worship and Music Coordinator since the Fall of 2000, as well as liaison to the school music program. In 2006, I took on the additional role of Assistant to the Senior Pastor, and in 2007, I was Called by Shepherd of the Hills as Director of Parish Music.
I delight in laughing with my family and friends and I love sharing God with His people through music, Divine Service, Bible Study, prayer, and conversation over good food! I love to sing, listen to my girls sing, sing with my siblings, and sing to babies while I hold and rock them.
When God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God. He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart.
Ecclesiastes 5:19 & 20
Two of my daughters and I share something unusual: we have all sung the National Anthem for a sports event!
What I love about my position:
- I love doing the same thing every week in different ways—sometimes called Divine Service preparation—finding new ways to express God’s timeless truths. Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name. Bring an offering and come before Him; worship the LORD with the splendor of His holiness. 1 Chronicles 16:29
- I love working with people who are mentors, prayer partners, Christian friends, and good folks. A friend loves at all times. Proverbs 17:17
- I love sharing in others’ milestones through baptism/funeral/wedding preparations. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11
- I love being a part of raising the next generation of Christian musicians while also enjoying the fruits of the present set. All these were under supervision for the music of the temple of the LORD…all of them trained and skilled in music for the LORD…young and old alike. 1 Chronicles 25:6 & 7
- I love working and being in God’s House!!! For zeal for Your house consumes me. Psalm 69:9 I was glad when they said to me, “Let’s go to the house of the Lord!” Psalm 122:1
- I love that God loves me no matter what position I’m in and will carry me through every valley and over every mountain until I get to serve the Master Musician in heaven!
Bible Verse with Special Meaning:
"For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."