Local missions focus is on support for organizations and groups that provide aid and support to people in our community. Local missions provide ways for members of Shepperd to get directly involved through personal action.
Breakfast with Baby is a Human Care mission established by Shepherd of the Hills, providing a place for young parents to obtain diapers, clothes, a breakfast and hearing the word of Christ. This mission is staffed by Shepherd of the Hills volunteers. For more information on this mission, please click HERE.
The Benevolence Fund at Shepherd of the Hills exists to glorify Christ by sharing His love in a material way with people in need. Throughout the year, Benevolence assistance has been given when an individual or family is truly “in need” and such individuals(s) demonstrate an effort to follow biblical money management principles and be accountable for their financial practices.
Benevolence has provided assistance throughout the year providing financial assistance to address immediate short term needs for people who have encountered a financial crisis. These funds have been provided for rent, utilities and food. Funds are paid directly to the utility companies, landlords, food gift cards, medical assistance, etc. Funds are not paid directly to the individual. Contact the church office for more information, 303.798.0711 or email@example.com.
Bethesda provides services to individuals with developmental disabilities. Shepherd of the Hills serves as a partner congregation and provides a place for those served through Bethesda to call their church home.
Bethesda is a Christian organization that provides homes and other services to people with developmental disabilities to help them live the lives they want. Whether it’s through various community-based programs or at one of the camps or thrift shops, there are countless opportunities for you to make a difference with Bethesda.
Many Bethesda individuals, along with disabled individuals in the community, participate in the F.A.C.E.S. Ministry at Shepherd of the Hills and are church members. If you would like to work directly with F.A.C.E.S. please contact them through email at FACES@sothfamily.org or contact Sam Scheck, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missionary Sharron Wilen is the founder of The Son and Reins Ranch, an Equine-Accredited-Learning ministry in Parker, CO. This ranch provides support and encouragement to those who are hurting for any reason, developing a relationship that can be trusted and learning about the love of Jesus. God allows the rescued abused horses to bring about effective change in a person’s life.
For more information on Sharon Wilen, click HERE.
For information on Son and Reins Ranch, click HERE.
Human Care is provided through The Salvation Army. They have actively incorporated Christ in their mission statement and readily share Christ with those who need both emotional and spiritual support. In addition to funds, Shepherd also provides in-kind gifts through food drives at Thanksgiving and Easter to aid in stocking the Salvation Army pantry and Angel Tree gifts at Christmas.
For additional information on the Salvation Army, click HERE.
- Gateway for Domestic Violence - A local shelter for adults and children suffering from domestic abuse. Supplies are collected for the shelter by Stephens Ministry.
- Giving Tree - The Angel tree (Salvation Army), Fleece Navidad, and Bethesda Giving provide ways to help those in need and to celebrate the gift of Christ during the Christmas season.
- Prison Fellowship Ministry - Lead Bible study and prayer with individuals inside prisons in Colorado. If you would like to learn more about the prison ministry contact Milo Samson at email@example.com.
- Sandwich Sunday – members of Shepherd of the Hills make and distribute sandwiches to those in need in downtown Denver.
- Lutheran Valley Retreat – provides a Christian camping experience that allows people to be in touch with God while enjoying the beauty of the world God created. For more information, click HERE.
- Eyeglasses Collection - eyeglasses are collected and given to the Lion’s Club for distribution throughout the world.
- Ethiopian Ministry - This Christian ministry in metro Denver serves the Ethiopian community.
- Family Tree – Shepherd of the Hills facilities are provided to allow families going through conflict to safely visit their children.